Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Eye Surgery

                                                             You trying to take the name tag off

On September 29th you had to have tubes placed in your left eye. When you were born your tear ducts didn't form properly so they drained a lot. Normally most children grow out of this by 9 months to a year old.  Your right eye grew out of it but your left eye didn't. It would drain constantly and even get crushed over, causing me to have to wipe your eyes with a warm wash cloth for you to be able to open your eye.  I put the surgery off as long as I possibly could, hoping that you would eventually grow out of it, but you didn't. I was nervous for you to have the surgery because eventhough it was only about a 30 minute procedure, it required you to be under general anesthesia.  Daddy and I took you to Va Eye Institute that morning. You were very happy...until the doctor walked in. It was all screams from there! They placed a name band on your foot and you got so mad!  There was nothing we could do to calm you down...you wanted that band off! They came to take you for your surgery and Daddy and I waited in the waiting room. I sat and read a magazine while Daddy paced...it's what he does! Dr. Brown came out to talk with us when your procedure was over. She said you did great, as expected.  We went back to see you and as soon as they opened the door for us to walk back we could hear you screaming! You were very loopy and could hardly hold your eyes open.  I held you and you stopped crying.  After we got all of the paperwork we needed we left.  I got you to the car where Daddy kissed you goodbye. You and I left and went home. You fell asleep on the ride home and slept for 4 hours after we got home. Thankfully everything went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment